Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Just for Mom....

Last week's post was about how I reduce stress in my home by taking care of my family. Being a Stay-At-Home-Mom (aka SAHM) is a full-time job. It never ends, there are no Union-Mandated breaks or vacation days. This places a lot of pressure on me. Sometimes, I feel like I'm losing my identity. However, at my core I am STILL Ande! The fun-loving girl with an attitude who tries to be pretty and loves clothes and shoes.

It's important to feed your inner-self and maintain who you are. Thanks to Old Navy and Crowdtap I was able to take a day just "for me" and receive some free pampering! Through Crowdtap.com I joined the Old Navy Style Council where I get to try new styles at no charge for myself. Recently I received two free coupons for a free dress: one for me and one for a friend! There really weren't any restrictions on which dresses we could choose.

SO, I called up Amanda (my usual partner in crime) and we set off for the Terre Haute, IN Old Navy! We picked the right day for dress shopping. We arrived shortly after the store opened and they were just unboxing their entire new shipment of dresses! We literally had tons of styles, colors and patterns to choose from. We hooked up with a store associate named Tori and told her about what we were doing. She took my camera & started snapping shots & trading out dresses for us. We had a blast!! There was run-way modeling, dancing and just having fun in general! The best part was having the freedom to not bother looking at the price tags because we KNEW the dresses were free!



We tried on some that were great, and some that were not. I really liked this blue polka-dot number until I remembered my sister's scary Mrs. Beasley doll and I realized that I looked JUST LIKE Mrs. Beasley!! So, that one had to go away immediately!







Amanda had a tendency to gravitate towards the sundresses and maxi's. She has a great curvy shape so the maxi's were very flattering for her. However, the sundresses weren't really flattering on either of us. The blue maxi looked fabulous on her. She has a great tan and bright blue eyes. The dress really complimented all of her best features. I'm small and almost shapeless so I needed something to ADD curves. I wound up opting for the Wrap Dress in "Black Jack". When I put this dress on, I literally felt like it was made for me. The bias-cut gives the look of a tapered waist and accentuates the bust line.

Not only did we have a great day together that involved two new (FREE) dresses, but we both left with several bags of new clothes! The day of shopping was just what we both needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment