Monday, January 14, 2013

Crowdtap says...Tap That! (with Durex!)



Crowdtap is always sending me fun, new products to try out and share with my friends. Usually these are things like Old Navy clothing, shoes from Finish Line, products from AT&T or Verizon, spices from McCormicks, etc, etc, etc. THIS particular sample share was fun, but QUITE different!

Crowdtap teamed up with Durex and sent me a box of "goodies". This went beyond a few condom samples. This was a box full of enough "surprises" for 10 couples. So, as I sat there looking at the contents and giggling I wasn't sure who or even how I would give these away. I had myself convinced not to blog about it, but then I realized how funny this whole scenario is and if I'm really lucky my Mom will read this post and at a minimum it will make her uncomfortable. (At this point she's probably googling "Durex"!!)

Goodie Bag Contents
My first priority was deciding WHO would get the samples. I had already decided that one sample would be for me and another for my best friend. For the other 8, I relied on Facebook. My post read:

"SO! To my friends who are local... I received a very awesome box of products from Crowdtap to distribute as a "sample share". I have enough to share with 8 more people, and just so you know, these goodies are of an "intimate" nature lol. IF you are in a relationship and would like to spice up an evening with your partner let me know and I'll hook you up. :) Feel free to send me a private message if you want a goodie bag! The first 8 to msg me will discreetly receive the bags....and NO for the love of grace, I will NOT be wanting ANYONE to report back on the details of this sample share!!! lol




Within about 10 minutes I had about 30 responses, that's right THIRTY. I never knew how kinky all my friends were! So, I gave them to the first 8 to respond! My next priority was packaging. I wanted this to be epic and make people blush. So, I found clear pink bags that looked like big condoms, placed foam "conversation heart" stickers on the outside of the bags and put the contents inside and tied them up with a lace ribbon. I even made name tags with the "Tap That" Crowdtap logo! One lucky recipient even received a bottle of wine, so aptly named "Menage a Trois"! It was her birthday and she likes Moscato, so I didn't mind kicking it up a notch!








Handing out the samples was another story. Typically I host a party and distribute samples. However, with everyone's busy schedules and the nature of the sample, we weren't able to make this happen. So, I met up with all of my friends to deliver their samples. Some friends stopped by here, others I delivered to them. Like my good friend who is a waitress, you bet I showed up at her place of work during lunch hour! It was too funny, and she was amazingly discreet.


Unfortunately, some of my friends were compelled to give me feedback on their product samples. I will spare you the details, but rest assured it seems like everyone thoroughly enjoyed this sample share and had a very good time!


No comments:

Post a Comment