Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Cutting Loose With the Kids at Hotel Transylvania

We all get a case of the Winter Blues at one point or another, so why should our kids be any different? Think of these little balls of energy being cooped up in a house all winter long! The lack of interaction from friends alone, is enough to drive a little one (or his Mother) crazy!!

I received an opportunity from Crowdtap & Hotel Transylvania that I couldn't refuse...a chance to host a Hotel Transylvania Monster Bowl Party for the kids! They sent me a digital kit full of fantastic printables, decoration and meal ideas. So, we invited several friends over and planned a day to just cut loose and have fun! Due to the weather, 4 of his friends were unable to make it, but several friends did show. Crowdtap provided us with a digital copy of Hotel Transylvania, but the quality wasn't great and it would have to be viewed on the computer. SO, before party day, I picked up a just-released copy of "Hotel Transylvania". My little man had been having a rough week, so I surprised him with it as well as a bag of his favorite candy and a card...never underestimate the power your words can have over your children.



Gearing up for party, day we busted out the Halloween decorations and had a blast transforming our family room and dining room into a creepy setting! We strung skull lights across the dining room entry way, set the table in red and black, had creepy candles, a hanging ghoul, ghost garland and filled black plastic cauldrons with snacks and treats!




Our party was set for noon, so I made a ghoulishly- fun lunch for the kids! We had pizza, chips, Werewolf Cupcakes, "Scream Cheese" cheese ball and "Shrunken Head Punch"! The kids LOVED the Scream Cheese and the floating "Shrunken Heads" in the punch! The punch was a great alternative. I had soda at the house, and it was never touched. The kids only wanted the punch, which I made with 100% Juice, Sierra Mist and carved apples.

Chocolate Werewolf Cupcakes


Scream Cheese!!
"Shrunken Head Punch" - Carved Apples, Raspberry Juicy Juice and Sierra Mist

After our little ghouls finished lunch, I took each child's photo and then had everyone sit down at the coffee table and decorate foam picture frames. While they watched the movie, I "Monsterized" their photos using the "Hotel Transylvania Monsterize Me" app, printed and framed their photos as a souvenir.


While our little ghouls watched Hotel Transylvania, I gave them each a "Swag Bag" of hauntingly good treats and a witch's cauldron of popcorn! We used the Hotel Transylvania Valentines Cards provided in the Crowdtap Digital Kit to personalize the outside of our Swag Bags!


 It was crazy during the movie, they were all sprawled out across my living room, but would jump up and start singing and dancing during the musical parts. They were laughing so hard, I'm sure the neighbors could hear us! I think the best compliment of all though, was when my son said, "I can't believe a party with girls could be THIS much fun!!" After the party there was a bit of Nerf sword fighting and random running through the house. I threw most of the house rules out the window for this special day, because even the little ones need to cut loose from the stress of school & being cooped up from a long, cold & rainy winter.

Do you want to join me on Crowdtap for your own chances at hosting parties & earning cool swag? Here's a link!

Join Crowdtap!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Heidi! They were super easy to make, and the kids loved them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and loved seeing the pictures! Good ideas!

    ReplyDelete