Monday, April 22, 2013

A wardrobe refresh, thanks to Old Navy and Crowdtap!

It's that time of year again...laundering and storing the sweaters, cords, hoodies and other winter apparel. I absolutely adore the feeling of dragging out "The Tote" (you know, that one designated plastic box that holds ALL off-season stuff as well as the possibility of a new wardrobe twice a year?!?) Unfortunately, my clothes never look quite as nice when I drag them out as I remember them looking when I put them away. As it turns out, last summer's tees and tanks are faded, stretched and have simply out-lived their general usefulness. HOWEVER, this Spring Old Navy and Crowdtap gave me the opportunity to help refresh my wardrobe with two new tees. AND I got to choose one lucky friend to share the experience!

As always when these epic opportunities pop up, I took my little sister. (It's the only way I can get a free breakfast out of her!) I picked her up & we went to IHOP, there's nothing quite like filling up on sweet, starchy food just before trying on new clothes! ;) Then, we bounced over to Old Navy and started shopping. We each had a coupon for TWO tee-shirts. However, due to someone's obsession, we wound up spending a great deal of time in the flip-flop section. She only walked away with 3 pair, I was very proud! THEN we started checking out their tees.

The Vintage collection at Old Navy is particularly awesome this spring. With an array of vibrant colors and fun, quirky graphics, these ultra-soft tees are a must-have for this Spring. Worn alone or layered with a simple "Best Tee", they were by far my favorite style. So much so, that I wound up with two tees from the "Vintage" collection, the mint-green "Free Spirit" shirt and the tangerine and fuchsia "Live, Laugh, Learn, Love". 


As you can see, my dress addiction kicked in and I did have to try on the sweet poplin dress!


The "Best Tee" collection was also a good way to go. There was a variety of styles to choose from. There were both solid & striped henley's as well as solid & striped basic tees. (Both in V-neck & regular) The color selection in the "Best Tee" category was a little more diverse. They still carried the really fun, vibrant colors but they also had a few earth-tone options for the less-bold as well.This cute & comfy V-Neck in lime was my particular favorite. (I know the coupon was only good for TWO tees, but there's no rule against buying extra!)

Notice there are now two of those poplin dresses on the hanger...the first one didn't fit. : ) 

By the end of the trip, neither of us walked away with "just two tees". The color, fit & styles were too fun not to indulge. The styles were (as always) right on-trend, however the prices were (as always) very affordable. This is the majority of what we went home with, however a few extra items were picked up on the way out of the store. (dang those cute ballet flats!!)


If you want to check out all the fun and adorable styles Old Navy is sporting this Spring, check out the store or visit them online here: Old Navy Tees!

No comments:

Post a Comment